A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Remember that night of Boodling...

The night Scott and I ended up on a surprise boodling trip, I told you I found several items in need of decrapification. Well, I have finally finished the largest item we picked up. It was an interesting coffee table that was rustic enough that it would work great on the back porch. I hope you like the final product.


The wood is pretty cheap and warped in a few places, but I figure it is going to continue to suffer water exposure. I painted the base pretty much the same color, but included the brown center storage area as well. This is now the standard Rustoleum 2x in Heirloom White. The top was again painted black with Krylon Indoor/Outdoor paint. A few accessories later (metal baskets purchased at the junk shop in Carrollton, an iron caddy from Southern Living holding coasters and dutch girl pitcher from my mom's house, bird tray from Ikea, straw basket holding bird and wildflower books) and the transformation is complete.

We did add some "feet" to try and minimalize the water damage that might occur. This area stays pretty dry since it is under the awning, but it can get damp after a big rain. Here is a closer picture of the top with the accessories. Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Table looks great!I still don't see how you managed to get that big table and all the other things in your van that night. You must have had the luck of the boodler that night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this table! You have such a great eye for seeing the "after" product. Such an adorable little sitting area!

    ReplyDelete