A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day # 3

I am happy to say.....ALL the wallpaper is gone! YEAH!!!! We still have to go back and clean the walls. But that shouldn't be near as bad as getting it all off. We also got all the floors down to the wood subfloor. My dad and Greg worked on getting all the overgrown bushes out. What a job but such a big differance in the look of the house! The other thing we did was take down the "lighted case" over the bar in the kitchen. I can not get over how much better the kitchen looks. Today the kids commented on how much better they were liking the house. We tried to tell them that we would get it looking good and making it "ours" but they didn't get it. I have a date for the floors.....and will call on Monday to get a date on the movers to pack and move.

On another note.....we have been at the house for 3 days as of today....we have met 5 neigbors and one of them brought over brownies. I really can't get over just how nice everyone has been in such a short time.

4 comments:

  1. You guys should really be proud if yourselves. You have accomplished so much at this point. When is the flooring coming? I know that has you excited. Will you try to paint before it comes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Abigail and Andrew are feeling like the house is theirs. Great job on all the work you have done. Sounds like you have a blank canvas to work with now. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chick 1, 2, 3... this is Ducky #42 coming at you. You ladies are amazing AND crazy. I love to see the finished products and totally amazed at your creative talent. It's people like me who throw it out or bypass the junk to make you happy. I will stick with my note cards.

    Chick #3's profile picture says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ducky #42! I miss you wonderful, fun comments! Glad to see them on here too! You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete