A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 1

Day one started at 12:00 and we ended around 10:00. Here are a few things we managed to get done with the help of my sister, mom, and dad.

1) ALL the carpet is up and ready to go to the dump. We did find a suprise in the mater bath. Under the carpet was some very nice tile. Just needs some good cleaning.
2) Most of the tack strips in the house are gone! This was done by DS.
3) The yard was mowed. DS started this but dad's ridding mower broke and a good neighbor came down and finished it for us.
4) Wall paper in master bath gone.....master bed gone.....DD's room gone.....The first layer of wall paper is gone in the entry and the room off the kitchen. Still need to go back and "clean" the glue off the walls.
5) Entertianment center in the room off the kitchen was taken apart and moved out! That was a bigger job that what we thought....but aren't they all?
6) Flooring at the front door is gone. That was a VERY hard job!

We are ALL tired and sore. I just hope that we can roll out of bed and do it all again tomorrow. I do have many photos of the jobs before we started. Just forgot the camera at the house! I will try and post some tomorrow. If either of you get the desire to come and peel wall paper.....I will give you directions. Chick # 2....I have a spice rack I will offer as payment.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm exhausted just reading about all the work you accomplished. Kudos to all your hardworking family. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so glad to know that the wallpaper didn't fight back. You guys have really rocked it! Can't wait to hear what you accomplish today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chick #3....LOVE THE PHOTO! You are so creative! I am glad I have two wonderful creative friends to steal ideas from!
    Chick #2....my DH took the "fridge" out of the trash for the DS....it didn't work. Does Dude #2 want it for his planter? I would be happy to bring it to him!

    ReplyDelete