A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Chest of Drawers Rehab











I suppose this is really my project #1, the screened in porch. I finished updating the old chest of drawers and I must say that this was a favorite project of mine. Not only was it relatively easy but it also was a dramatic change. I first painted the chest with Martha Stewart Agean Sea and then distressed the whole piece. Next I used a mocha glaze to give it an old, aged look. I also added fence finials to the bottom for new "legs". I wanted to keep the bottom off the floor to avoid water damage. I painted the old brass knobs with ORB per our rules of membership. Let me know what you think of the results because I am ready to attack another piece of furniture!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks fabulous! What a great transformation. The feet are superb. With results like that, I can see why you are ready to start another project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on this one! I like where you put it! I love more than anything the dog on the chair. We miss your sassy! I still can't wait to paint my bench that matches your chair!

    ReplyDelete