A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

CopyCat


I mentioned earlier that my bench needed some pillows to soften it up a bit. Well, yesterday, I remembered the sweet vintage pillowcase that I had in my linen closet. This sweet little embroidered flower pillowcase has been with me since my marriage to my wonderful hubby.

The Enjoy Life pillow is a knock off. I have been eyeing a similar pillow at HomeGoods and decided that I could surely make one just as cute. Not sure I care for the seersucker pillow against the seersucker seat cushion. May have to deconstruct it and do another layer for the base that is the muslin repeated. The stitching was pretty easy. I just printed the words on my computer in a simple font and used it as a stencil for my stitching. It does ned a bit more stuffing around the edges to fill it in.

I really like the pillow itself, just not sure about it on the cushion. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment