A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

I like marking off projects!

Although none of these are big projects they are things I have been thinking about for some time. It is nice to mark them off the mental "To Do" List.

These little booklets are some gifts I made for the girls in my Sunday School class. I have been working on these for some time. I would run out of rings or we would have new students join us and I wouldn't have them all complete. But tonight, I have finally finished all the ones I have information for. If new girls come, I will make theirs for them later. The idea is that they will begin to write down some of their favorite verses of scripture. This will allow them to find it easily when they want. I hope they like them. I asked them their favorite color and tried to find paper that matched their personality.

The next item on the completed list is this cute little gift for my Secret Pal. I found the tutorial for the precious bird ornament here.
Thanks Chick #3 for the Mason jar. It is filled with Dark Chocolate w/ Almonds by Dove!

Next up is this rustic shelf that I picked up when out boodling this summer. I have been wanting to clean it up and bring it into my studio for some time. The few little things it needed were some weird curved pieces of aluminum needed to be removed. This left some exposed wood that needed some paint. These little fixes took me forever to get around to, but I finally did and I like that it gives me some space to store some smaller items. It is hard to see in the picture, but the shelf is Martha Stewart Aegean Sea. (Thanks again Chick #3). Originally the shelf was more green, but the blue went over it nicely and I sanded the entire piece which allowed some of the green to peak through.

And last, but certainly not least is my lampshade. You may remember from a previous post that I had a lamp in great need of a lampshade. I knew I wanted more of a drum style shade and I knew I wanted to put fabric rosettes on it. It took me longer to find the shade than it did to make the flowers. I tried several stores and could never find a drum shade small enough. Finally, while making a quick run through Goodwill last Saturday after another trip with things from my mom's house, I came across the perfect shade. And of course it was cheap - $1. I snatched it up and by Sunday morning had this cute little lamp in my living room.

What do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. Way to get things done! I love the lampshade. It turned out way too adorable. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the girls in your Sunday School class will love their personalized scripture booklets. I love the Mason jar craft - can I be your Secret Pal? Lamp shade - AWESOME - further proving good things come to those who wait!

    Boodle On!
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete