A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Grandmother's Memories


I know this isn't a project but I just had to share this with you guys. I found this beautiful set of dishes at yes....Goodwill. I know they don't 'match' what I have or even the colors in my kitchen so why are they displayed in my glass cabnits? Well....Growing up I spent allot of time at my grandmothers house. She displayed these dishes in the kitchen and anytime we had a family get together she served meals on this set of dishes. So yesterday I was looking around at Goodwill for a table and spotted these. I was SO happy to have found them. They bring back so many memories and I could not just let them stay there when I knew I had the perfect spot for them. I think they look good in the cabnits. And everytime I see them....I think of the many meals that we shared as family which she treasured. My Anut has her set of dishes....who knows....maybe one day I will pass them on to my grandchilderen.



2 comments:

  1. Love the story and love how they look in the cabinets. Nice score at Goodwill!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find and story! Looks like they would be great for Easter serving pieces. How neat!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete