A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Remake of Pillow


Remember the round pillow with the seersucker? I didn't like it on the seersucker pad so I took it apart and made an even larger Muslin base for the pillow. I thought that putting a solid color between the two uses of seersucker would give the separation it needed. Well, I just didn't like it on the bench. So I moved it to the very dark leather couch in the family room. I like it better there, but I realize making a round pillow is difficult. You can see from the photo that the pillow is a bit lopsided. That may be some of what is bothering me about the pillow. It also made me realize how dark that couch is. Ugh!

Any ideas for making a round pillow actually round? I used round templates, but somewhere between the cutting and the sewing it got off!

2 comments:

  1. I happen to like the unevenness(?). The imperfections make it homemade. I think we should all follow the advice on the pillow and "Enjoy Life", not perfection. I am slowly dismounting my high horse!!

    ReplyDelete