A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Am I crazy?

I need some feedback. While cleaning up my mom's house I have been thinking about the furniture pieces there and if they would better fit my needs than pieces I already have. The realtor and the picture tech person were there on Wednesday and they were going on and on about the drop leaf table my mom had. I hadn't thought much about it because she had purchased it after I had lived there. However, I started to look at it more closely and it really is beautiful. I don't have a picture of it yet, but will soon. She also has some high back chairs with wooden arms. Again, no picture.

So...I got to thinking. Should I replace my dining room table (kitchen table from previous house) with this drop leaf table, Place the high back chairs at either end and mix and match the rest of the chairs? I want to slipcover the chairs in a rustic linen slipcover. I have a picture of this on my phone that I will post when my DS returns from his volunteer shift at the elementary school.

It would have a bit of the feel that the chair on the right does.



























Photo courtesy of Seems To Be

Have I lost my mind? Does this sound remotely feasible and fashionable? Can you even begin to answer without any of the aforementioned pictures?

2 comments:

  1. I think seeing the table and chairs would help. Which table are you replacing again? The one that is now in your dinning room? Or the one in your kitchen? I think no matter what you can find a home for the table. It sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would replace the one that is in the dining room now. The white with the wood top. I will try to get pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete