A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ottoman Slipcover


This was a project I did one afternoon while the boys were out fishing or some other boy activity.  I can't quite remember.  I just know that I was home alone.  Thanks to Jennifer's tutorial over at Dear Lillie I was able to cover the heavy looking ottoman with a fresh slipcover.  The original ottoman is dark brown leather with wooden feet.  I think this one was purchased at Target and has great storage.  The top lifts up and we have a lot of our games inside.  The slipcover allows for quick retrieval of these items, but is a bit more stylish.  The room is dark and really benefited from the lighter colors in both the slipcover as well as the new rug you see in the most recent picture.  If I ever get the nerve, I would love to try to slipcover the dark leather sofa as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment