A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Why does the simple always become involved?

All I wanted to do was update the look in the bathroom that my 2 boys share; new wall color, paint the existing vanity with the Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations Kit, replace the medicine chest/mirror with a fun and funky surprise, new light, fun & funky towel holders, and an inspiring quote or two.

DH helped me remove the old medicine cabinet and light combo that will be upcycled to my MIL.  Boys emptied said cabinet as well as vanity.  I began removing old bathroom fixtures (towel bar, toothbrush holder) and mentioned to DH this bathroom once had wallpaper.  I found a small piece behind the toothbrush holder.  I never gave it another thought until i began to sand the painted square left behind when we removed the medicine chest.  I had assumed the "edge" was a result of too much paint build up due to not removing the cabinet when the previous owners painted.  It slowly began to dawn on me that yes there was some paint build up, but the edge was also a result of the wallpaper that had been painted over.  The wallpaper never went behind the cabinet and now I have a big square that no amount of sanding will get rid of.

What is a girl to do?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

No comments:

Post a Comment