A blog for 3 friends to keep in touch and motivate each other to keep creating!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My New Desk




Whew! I think the studio is finally coming together. I do know that if this isn't the set-up that is going to work, I am on my own for the next go around!!! We decided to rework the desks so that I could have morework space with my computer. The little white desk it was on before was only 12 inches deep and barely held the monitor and keyboard. I couldn't set anything on my desk to look at while working at the computer. It had to be in my lap, on the floor, or on the desk behind me. We moved the two ikea desks to the long wall and built a desk to bridge the two. Now my 2 sons have ample work space as well as myself and I am between the two in hopes of preventing any space wars! These aren't the greatest photos ( I just snapped them withmy phone), but they show you what we did. Will get a cool piece of furniture from my mom's tonight to store all the goodies that were in the credenza along this wall before. Check #1, I think you remember the piece. Can't wait to get it in here, fill it up, and label the drawers. I'll post more pics when it is complete!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great. Can't wait to see the finished project. My DD has made it her mission this year to declutter our house so I am looking forward to her first efforts. Let's hope that it isn't just my stuff that she decides should go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I can't wait to see what all you do with the furniture from your mom's. Cleaning it, filling it and putting labels on it. I think that would be exciting. You have inspired me to work on a few projects...at least in my mind. Hope I can keep the inspiration going and get it done and posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. space wars -- ha ha!

    very neat layout... seriously.

    what kind of drink is on your territory? only homework tools for the kids -- ha ha!

    ReplyDelete